A day at Elements
8:30AM – 9:30AM
At the start of the day, children are welcomed into the garden or their classrooms where they are provided an opportunity to choose a learning activity.
9:30AM – 10AM
Breakfast is eaten together as a community and is an opportunity for children and teachers to connect, socialize and build our sense of belonging.
10:00AM – 10:30AM
Each class meets together to welcome one another and to discuss what activities will take place over the course of the day.
10:30AM – 12:00PM
Exploration takes place in the yard, the classroom, or a combination of both. Children are encouraged to make choices that interest them and extend their understanding of the world around them. Choices include individual or small group reading, music, movement, art, nature exploration, gardening, insect observation, manipulating and constructing using loose parts, fine motor development through manupulatives and puzzles, dramatic play, sensory activities, cooking, and yoga once per week.
12:00PM – 12:30PM
Lunch is eaten at community tables and is a shared social experience. This time is also used to help children transition from an active morning to a peaceful rest time in the middle of the day.
12:30PM – 2:30PM
Children are offered a calm, quiet, restful period of time to regain their energy.
2:30PM – 3:00PM
Afternoon Snack and Dismissal
3:00PM – 6:00PM
Extended care is offered to families whose work and life schedules may require a later pick-up. Our extended day offers high-quality learning experiences with choices and opportunities offered in our morning choice times.
Weekly enrichment activities such as yoga, music, movement, and cooking are offered on a weekly basis.
- 6 September, Wednesday-Parent/Teacher Meetings
- 7 September, Thursday – First day of school, pick up at 12 noon for all students- Family breakfast 8.30am -9.30am in the garden
- 9 October, Monday – School closed – Columbus Day
- 27 October, Friday – Bonfire and Making S’mores 5:30pm
- 10 November, Friday – School closed – Staff Development Day
- 22 November, Wednesday – Family lunch at 12noon, no after school
- 23 / 24 November, Thursday, Friday – School closed – Thanksgiving recess
- 25 December, Monday – 1 January, Monday – Winter Recess
- 2 January, Tuesday – School Resumes
- 15 January, Monday – School Closed-Martin Luther King Day
- 9 March, Friday– School Closed – Staff Development
- 30 March, Friday – 6 April, Friday – School closed – Spring break
- 20 April, Friday – Earth Day Planting Picnic at Noon-No After School
- 28 May, Monday – School closed – Memorial Day
- 28 June – Last Day of School, No After School