A Day At Elements Private Preschool
8:30AM – 9:30AM
Morning Welcome At Elements Preschool
At the start of the day at Elements Private Preschool, elements welcomed children into the garden or their classrooms where they provide an opportunity to choose a learning activity.
9:30AM – 10AM
Breakfast has eaten together as a community and is an opportunity for children and teachers to connect, socialize and build our sense of belonging.
10:00AM – 10:30AM
Morning Meetings At Elements Preschool
Each class meets together to welcome one another and to discuss what activities will take place over the course of the day.
10:30AM – 12:00PM
Exploration takes place in the yard, the classroom, or a combination of both. Children are encouraged to make choices that interest them and extend their understanding of the world around them. Choices include individual or small group reading, music, movement, art, nature exploration, gardening, insect observation, manipulating and constructing using loose parts, fine motor development through manupulatives and puzzles, dramatic play, sensory activities, cooking, and yoga once per week.
12:00PM – 12:30PM
Lunch is eaten at community tables and is a shared social experience. This time is also used to help children transition from an active morning to a peaceful rest time in the middle of the day.
12:30PM – 2:30PM
Children have offered a calm, quiet, restful period of time to regain their energy.
2:30PM – 3:00PM
Afternoon Snack and Dismissal
3:00PM – 6:00PM
Extended care has offered to families whose work and life schedules may require a later pick-up. Our extended day offers high-quality learning experiences with choices and opportunities offered in our morning choice times. Weekly enrichment activities such as yoga, music, movement, and cooking have offered on a weekly basis.
Elements Preschool Calendar 2019-20
- September 3-4, Tue & Wed – Parent/teacher meeting with class teachers
- September 4, Wednesday – Parent Orientation 5 pm-6 pm
- September 5, Thursday – First Day of School-Family Breakfast and 12.00pm dismissal for all students
- October 14, Monday – School Closed for Columbus Day
- October 30, Wednesday – Annual Bonfire and S’mores Event, 4:30 pm-6.00 pm
- November 5, Tuesday – School Closed for Veteran’s Day
- November 27, Wednesday – 3 pm Dismissal (Extended Day will not be offered on this day)
- November 28-29, Thu & Fri – School Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 24-January 1 – Tue-Wed, School Closed for Winter Break
- January 13 – 17 – Mon-Fri, Parent/Teacher Conferences – Explorers and Discoverers
- January 20, Monday – School Closed for MLK, Jr. Day
- January 21 – 24 , Tue-Fri – Parent/Teacher Conferences – Adventurers and Caterpillars
- February 17-21, Mon-Fri – School closed for Mid-Winter Break
- March 27, Friday – School Closed for Staff Development
- April 9 – 17, Thu-Fri – School closed for Spring Break
- May 8, Friday – Spring Planting
- May 16, Saturday – Elements Spring Fair
- May 25, Monday – School Closed for Memorial Day
- May 26-29 , Tue-Fri – Parent/Teacher Conferences – Adventurers and Caterpillars
- June 1-5, Mon- Fri – Parent/Teacher Conferences – Explorers and Discoverers
- June 26, Friday, Last Day of School – Dismissal and end of school celebration at 12.00pm
Summer Camp will begin on Monday, July 1st. There will be no summer camp on Thursday, July 4th and Friday, July 5th