A day at Elements
8:30AM – 9:30AM
At the start of the day, children are welcomed into the garden or their classrooms where they are provided an opportunity to choose a learning activity.
9:30AM – 10AM
Breakfast is eaten together as a community and is an opportunity for children and teachers to connect, socialize and build our sense of belonging.
10:00AM – 10:30AM
Each class meets together to welcome one another and to discuss what activities will take place over the course of the day.
10:30AM – 12:00PM
Exploration takes place in the yard, the classroom, or a combination of both. Children are encouraged to make choices that interest them and extend their understanding of the world around them. Choices include individual or small group reading, music, movement, art, nature exploration, gardening, insect observation, manipulating and constructing using loose parts, fine motor development through manupulatives and puzzles, dramatic play, sensory activities, cooking, and yoga once per week.
12:00PM – 12:30PM
Lunch is eaten at community tables and is a shared social experience. This time is also used to help children transition from an active morning to a peaceful rest time in the middle of the day.
12:30PM – 2:30PM
Children are offered a calm, quiet, restful period of time to regain their energy.
2:30PM – 3:00PM
Afternoon Snack and Dismissal
3:00PM – 6:00PM
Extended care is offered to families whose work and life schedules may require a later pick-up. Our extended day offers high-quality learning experiences with choices and opportunities offered in our morning choice times.
Weekly enrichment activities such as yoga, music, movement, and cooking are offered on a weekly basis.
- 2 January, Wednesday – School Resumes
- 21 January, Monday – School Closed for MLK, Jr. Day
- 4 February, Monday – 8 February, Friday – Adventurers Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11 February, Monday – 15 February, Friday – Explorers Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 18 February, Monday – 22 February, Friday – School Closed for Mid-Winter Break
- 25 February, Monday – 1 March, Friday – Discoverers Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 4 March, Monday – 9 March, Friday – Caterpillar Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 22 March, Friday – School Closed for Staff Development
- 19 April, Friday – 26 April, Friday – School Closed for Spring Recess
- 11 May, Friday – Spring Planting
- 18 May, Saturday – Street Fair
- 28 May, Tuesday – 31 May, Friday – Adventurers Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 3 June, Monday – 7 June, Friday – Explorers Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 10 June, Monday – 14 June, Friday – Discoverers Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 17 June, Monday – 21 June, Friday – Caterpillar Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 27 May, Monday – School Closed for Memorial Day
- 26 June, Wednesday – Last Day of School, School Dismissal and End of School Celebration at Noon
- 5 September, Wednesday – Parent Orientation 5pm-6pm
- 6 September, Thursday – First Day of School-Family Breakfast in the garden and 12pm dismissal for all students
- 8 October, Monday – School Closed for Columbus Day
- 8 October, Tuesday – 12 October, Friday – Adventurers Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 15 October, Monday – 19 October Friday – Explorers Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 22 October, Monday – 26 October, Friday – Discoverers Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 5 November, Monday – 9 November, Friday – Caterpillar Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 19 October, Friday – School Closed for Staff Development
- 26 October, Friday – Annual Bonfire and S’mores-Making Event, 4:30pm-6pm
- 12 November, Wednesday – School Closed for Veteran’s Day
- 21 November, Wednesday – 3pm Dismissal (Extended Day will not be offered on this day)
- 22-23 November, Thursday and Friday – School Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
- 24 December, Monday – 1 January, Tuesday – School Closed for Winter Break
Summer Camp will begin on Monday, July 1st. There will be no summer camp on Thursday, July 4th and Friday, July 5th