Elements nature-based learning, outdoor preschool offers a dynamic environment for children to play, explore, experience, create, learn and grow.
Located on the Lower East Side of New York City, Elements preschool kindergarten has been specially designed to offer a bright, airy, green space in the heart of NYC. A large backyard that has been carefully crafted to balance the natural world with learning aids flanks our cheerful classrooms. The result is spacing rich with possibility for young hearts, minds and bodies.
Our unique child-led, inquiry-based philosophy marries play, discovery and creative individualism together, encouraging collaboration, curiosity, and a spirited learning community.
Through our nature-based curriculum, we are able to:
- Appropriately develop early literacy, science and numerical competency
- Develop both gross and fine motor skills
- Encourage creativity, imagination, and the development of interpersonal skills
- Introduce stewardship of the resources provided by our planet
- Encourage appropriate risk-taking in trying new tasks and new experiences